AAA Texas abandons Texan - Literally
In short, AAA Texas customers need to understand that they are actually part of AAA Southern California, and are treated as such via their customer service responsiveness. In short, my particular issue is that clear damage was done to my vehicle's rack and pinion mechanism when being towed for a transmission issue at 10PM on September 4, 2013. Despite pictures of the location of the tow where no fluids were leaked-out, and a statement from the garage where the leaked was clear all over the spot where the car was dropped the night before, AAA Texas has been unsupportive and has ignored my now five calls asking for support. Nice people (Myra, Celeste, and Cynthia come to mind), but very poor follow-through from their company (their California company). The issue of California is that it is two hours behind us, and customer service issue for roadside issue is handled ONLY out of this location.
I did reach out to the tow truck company (Armada Towing....also a California company with a location only in San Antonio), and their representative refused to look at the location of the towing source (a short mile and 1/2 away), and instead spent his time explaining how his driver could not have caused the damage. However, when asked, he could not explain why is was not leaking before the tow, yet was at the spot he dropped it at the night before. When asked if he thought someone had crawled underneath the car in the middle of the night and exerted super human strength pulling down the rack and pinion sufficiently to dislocate the fluid connection, he simply shrugged his shoulders.
By the way, the repair work on my car for this damage is estimated at $1,100, and is on top of a bill I am responsible for, for a reman transmission of $3,600. AAA Texas (aka California) is aware of this inordinate expense and has failed to call me back even once after my five phone calls, and is aware that the car is still sitting in the garage, unrepaired, and unusable by my family. AAA Texas cares only for their pockets, and their towing contractors, and clearly not in getting my family back on the road.
So, with due respect to the employees I spoke with, this company's lack of support for my needs speak loudly of their loyalty to their tow truck operators first, and me, as a six year loyal customer, somewhere south of this on their priority list.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Aaa Roadside Service
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "Direct Buy Warranty is a scam. I am confused how this company has been able to rip people off for so long and get away with it, is New Jersey..."
- "Wael Mohamed Abuzaid mug shot aka Tony Abuzid (sic) â€" Is this Abuzaid brother a â€œmechanic you can trustâ€? Wael Mohamed Abuzaid mug shot aka Tony Abuzid (sic) â€" Is this..."
- "On 9/15/2011, my husband and mother-in-law purchased a used car from Mr. Herbert. Mr. Herbert signed the "Certificate of Title" over to my mother-in-law. Two days later, Mr. Herbert called..."
- "I personally packed and returned a replacement phone back to AT&T. Now, I am getting charged $600 for a phone that I shipped back. How does a phone get extracted..."
- "Do Not buy a Dr Horton Home! They knew about faulty water pipes well before they sold us our home in 2012. They couldn't care less about the damage..."
- "Hello fellow anglers! I recently purchased three of the new Blair Wiggins Signature series flats blue rods. I purchased the 7.2', 7.9' and the 8.0' rods. I..."
- "buena pagina para comprar articulos a buenos precios. tienen de todo un poco, desde articulos para decoracion de uñas a .40 centavos de dolar hasta celulares xiaomi recien lanzados al mercado! la..."
- "I received the order for 4 x Samsung Level U PRO BLACK after 2 weeks. I have contact them by e-mail because this company does not have a phone number..."
- "they added V.O.D. and extra 50 on internet and more for same phone plus the installation charges. The best way to get this fixed is call the FCC and write..."